Operations Help Desk Manager
Title: Operations Help Desk Manager
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales
Reporting to: Cloud Services Manager
Experience: IT and/or Telecoms experience preferred
Nuvias UC is a leading Unified Communications solutions provider in the UK & Northern Europe focused on helping our customers succeed in delivering innovative, profitable and high quality services. Specifically concentrating on Unified Communications technology and products, Nuvias UC provides a full range of services to customers from design and build to support, along with managed and professional services. NUVIAS UC has office locations in Cwmbran (South Wales), Newbury (Berkshire) and Rotterdam (Holland).
Nuvias UC is looking for a Operations Help Desk Manager with focus on Cloud Services and IT Solutions. These include Hosted PBX, Cloud Call Recording, Cloud Video and IT Services including networking and Desktop Support. The Help Desk Manager will join the Operations team and be responsible for the handling of and allocation of trouble tickets within Cloud Services and IT departments. There will a requirement for the Help Desk Manager to contribute towards the resolution of trouble tickets and provide regular reports for Nuvias UC management. The Helpdesk Manager will provide an escalation point for Cloud Service vendors such as BroadSoft, Dubber, Lifesize etc, and will provide regular updates to resellers and end users, they will be expected to monitor ticket queues and ensure that the published SLAs are adhered to. The Nuvias UC trouble ticket system (DeskPro) is used to manage customer tickets (internal and external). There may from time to time be the requirement to travel to customer sites and this may include overnight stays.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Manage trouble ticket queues and allocate appropriate resource.
- Manage and motivate the First line support team.
- Manage Cloud Service & IT issues raised via email, phone or ticketing system and ensuring these are logged.
- Raise issues with appropriate vendor where appropriate if all internal resource is exhausted.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your work.
- Be able to address a technical problem logically and methodically through to resolution.
- Be able to document your work to a good standard and share with the team.
- Carry out reviews of Support team as directed by Nuvias UC management.
- Have a drive to solve complex problems and learn new skills.
Knowledge & Experience:
The current TAC team is made up of individuals from a range of backgrounds, giving us the combined benefits of their varied experience. The way you approach your work is just as important to us as the technologies and management skills you may have worked with and learned in the past. We are looking for the following key skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft server, Linux technologies
- Knowledgeable across Directory, Database, Network Services and DNS technologies
- ICT Support role experience
- Experience of working with portals to configure systems
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies, tools and skills
- Excellent day-to-day communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook), Skype for business
- Knowledge of IP networking and IP telephony
Other areas of knowledge or experience that would be considered useful for the role:
- Knowledge of Polycom, Cisco, Yealink IP devices
- Knowledge of Wireshark and Network diagnostic tools
- Knowledge of Video technologies specifically Lifesize, Polycom
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS technology (firewall, router, switch platforms)
- Knowledge of Virtualisation technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V)
In return you will Nuvias UC wil provide:
- A job with excellent prospects in one of the fastest growing companies of its kind
- Training and certification on technology & vendor systems as necessary
- Challenged every day you come to work
- A relaxed and fun working environment
- Flexible benefits package including Pension scheme and Life Insurance
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org