Title: Solution Engineer
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales or Newbury, Berkshire
Reporting to: Head of Solution Engineering
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ industry experience
SIPHON is a leading Unified Communications solutions provider in the UK & Northern Europe focused on helping our customers succeed in delivering innovative, profitable and high quality services. Specifically concentrating on Unified Communications technology and products, SIPHON provides a full range of services to customers from design and build to support, along with managed and professional services. SIPHON has office locations in Cwmbran (South Wales), Newbury (Berkshire) and Rotterdam (Netherlands).
SIPHON is looking for an experienced Solution Engineer to join the Technology team. Solution Engineers are responsible for the delivery of all technical customer projects. This includes the design, build and test phases when a customer purchases products within the SIPHON portfolio, as well as the delivery of a wide range of professional services projects such as consultancy or training.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of your own technical project delivery
- Take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Be able to address a technical problem logically and methodically through to resolution
- Have a passion for learning and be able to teach yourself and share your knowledge with colleagues
- Be able to document your work to a high standard
- Provide assistance to internal technical support teams
Knowledge & Experience:
The current Solution Engineering team is made up of individuals from a range of backgrounds, giving us the combined benefits of their varied experience. The way you approach your work is just as important to us as the technologies you may have worked with in the past. We are looking for the following key skills and experience:
- Experience contributing to or, ideally, leading technical projects.
- Experience working on business-critical systems, ideally in a service provider environment.
- A proven ability to learn new technologies, tools and skills.
- Good day-to-day communication skills as well as some experience writing designs, test plans or other technical documents.
- A solid background understanding of networks and the Internet.
- Good analytical troubleshooting skills, including experience with key tools like Wireshark.
- Able and happy to work with Linux on a day-to-day basis.
Other areas of knowledge or experience that would be considered useful for the role:
- Detailed understanding of SIP, SDP etc.
- Experience with carrier-grade VoIP equipment.
- Exposure to our key technologies, especially BroadSoft BroadWorks and Oracle Session Border Controllers
- Familiarity with the supporting tools we encounter most - RedHat Enterprise Linux, VMWare ESXi, MySQL and Apache.
- Experience delivering technical presentations or training.
- Project management skills (formal or informal).
- Some level of programming ability - Python, Perl, Bash, SQL etc.
- A job with excellent prospects in one of the fastest growing companies of its kind
- Training and certification on technology & vendor systems as necessary
- Challenged every day you come to work
- A relaxed and fun working environment
This role is primarily office based although we do travel across the UK and Northern Europe when required. Out-of-hours work is also sometimes required (by prior arrangement) and the successful candidate would be required to join an on-call rota to respond to critical issues.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com